Friday, June 10, 2011

Keeping it Going

There I am at this bar/club/thing and a thought struck me, struck me roughly in the temporal lobe, the left one to be specific. Anyways, that thought went a little something like this......bars/clubs are basically expensive, slightly classier, "grown-up" frats.

I'm just saying. You know it's true. It's like a frat party, but considerably more expensive, and considerably less sketchy.

I was still skeptical about this being single thing, skeptical for a good long time, but more and more I like the idea. It's been a while since I've been able to spread the old metaphorical wings. But I'm able to go out, have a good time, bring along two wingmen who were surprisingly helpful, and not worry about anything. Along those lines, I've also noticed I think I'm a bit of a late bloomer into the field of acting stupid and young. I went out before, sure, but never with much enthusiasm and I now find, being 21 and single, that I suddenly just now have to urge to go out on a regular basis and with enthusiasm. I feel like I'm a bit late to the punch. Shouldn't I have been wanting to do this since I was 16? All the time I've wasted being respectable and mature.

If you forget your card at the bar and didn't close your tab, you sort of HAVE to go back for it...and might as well enjoy yourself while you're there, am I right?

So I went on a night that was apparently "bucket night". Which means you buy a bucket of some sort of drink and drink said bucket. Except while I was drinking my bucket solo I looked around and realized (as I finished the bucket) that I was doing it wrong. This realization came to me because I noticed that there were tables full of girls all drinking out of one bucket. Like 657 girls per bucket. I was understandably outraged. Because not only did I not really want a gallon of some vodka mixed drink but nobody told ME I could enlist help. I could of shared with at least a half dozen sober girls in need of a buzz...

...Sadly by the time I figured that out my bucket was gone and I forgot who I was.

1 comment: