Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Land of Ten Thousand

My posts have been, more so, about my personal life lately and less about whatever they're normally about.

I figure I'll keep that going while I'm back here in the occasionally wonderful state of Minnesota and continue telling you about what I be doin'.

Last I wrote was, I believe, about the Baptism. Again, I can't stress enough how cute those little bastards are. Especially the smallest. If I had a nickel for every time I went, "Oh! I need to take a picture of that!" I'd have roughly $11.35.

Really though, love the lil shits. I have more pictures of the youngest on my iPhone than I know what to do with.

Oh, and the niece is 16 so I've had to pleasure of taking her driving. She only has the permit and needs an adult of 21 years of age or older to be passenger while she gets in her practice. And realizing I actually count as a that adult makes me feel old. Wtf happened. Since when am I a responsible adult?

Either way, taking her driving was pretty BA.

Of course I can't not mention camping. So many things need to be said about that.

We went on a several day camping venture at Green Lake here in southern Minnesota. It was a blast. Just my brother, I, and my sisters family tenting over a couple nights at the lake.

It's been so long since I've camped in Minnesota. I find the fresh air to be different here than it is in Montana. It seems more alive and vivid. Montana it is truly 'fresh' in the way that you don't really smell or sense anything on the wind, it's just good ol' fashion fresh air. But in Minnesota it's so much more, you can smell the lakes and the wildlife and the trees and it just seems more alive. I missed that.

Of course we made fires, went fishing, laid on the beach in the sun, cooked over fire, played horseshoes, slept uncomfortably in tents, the whole nine yards.

It's been so long since I've gone fishing btw. Despite the fact we didn't catch anything, being on a boat again with the intent to catch a fish was a great time.

It turns out that even being out of practice, I kick ass as making fires.

And I'm even better at getting slightly sun burnt whilst doing it all.

Not to mention the weather was amazing. I've always been a strong complainer of how shitty the weather generally is in MN but we couldn't of picked a better two days to go camping. It wasn't terribly humid, or hot, and just windy enough to keep away the swarms of blood sucking mosquitoes.

We left just in time though because it's sinfully hot/humid today. Jesus Christ I don't miss this part of MN. When outside literally turns into a sauna you have to wonder why anyone would live in a place like this. But then I remember camping in the woods at the lake and go...

Yep.

Again, I'll probably be up in Walker soon, so any home towners interested in broing down let me know. Sorry, I'm not more specific on when, I'm working on that part, but soon enough.

For those not from my home town, I apologize for this boring life stuff, I'll get back to whatever it is you clearly came here for when I return to Montana.

p.s. Remind me to talk to you about Minnesota's government shutting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment