Thursday, October 17, 2013

United Nations

There I am. Living somewhere where I'm the minority.

Not the city itself, but the apartment complex area thing has very few people of my specific background.

Next to me is some sort of Asian, I would be more specific but I have not become acquainted. Below me is some sort of Middle-Easterner, again, my lack of specification isn't racism, well not very much racism, a little bit of it, maybe, kitty corner and below me is some sort of Hispanic. Across the way is a crazy Russian guy. Etc.

My point is that not only am I (a White English Speaking American Male) the minority, but I also have the worst car in the lot. They all have new, fancy, and often even American made vehicles.

Damn. And this whole time I thought I had an unfair advantage. Damn foreigners making me look bad in my own country...

I jest, I love all these brown/yellow/slightly toasted people.

They clearly go to school at the U of O, most of them, but what do they need brand new $50,000-$100,000 cars for? Or rather, what do they do when they go home? Sell them? Bring them with? They clearly bought it when they came over, they surely don't have the money to just buy a car to use for 6 months and call it good, do they?

Maybe we should all go over there and make fucking shoes and shit.

It clearly worked for them.

So anyways, hey, it's Thursday and I made it on schedule. Whew. I'll be seeing you mixed bag of nuts on Saturday. That's a promise.

1 comment: