Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Not Number 4

I just saw the movie "I am Number 4" and for the sub-genre it belongs too, it wasn't that bad. You know what genre I mean, the whole modern set fantasy one. Similar to movies "Push" "Jumper" and "The Covenant."

You know most movies like that just have this certain cheap, corny, and desperate feel to them. And "I am Number 4" didn't have nearly as much of that as some of those other examples. Though in parts it certainly did show it's cliche side. I mean come on, the bad guys shot red lasers and the good guys shot blue, really? Come on, don't spit in my face by assuming me dense enough to not already differ between the good and the bad without having to brand it such in indirect subtle ways. But other than little stuff like that the movie did good. I nerdy sidekick guy was cast and delivered well. The story was interesting, the effects were neat, they didn't seem to try too hard to make it "the coolest movie ever" either. You know when they try WAY too hard to make it the greatest story ever told and it just comes off as desperate and shitty? Don't act like you don't know what I mean.

Either way, not a bad little modern set fantasy/magic film...thing. Better than "The Covenant" that's for damn sure.  Did you see that? The whole man witches thing? It was pretty dumb, they tried way too hard.

Speaking of other shit you should see on the internet. This little gem is similar to the "Textsfromlastnight" site I sent you too the other day. It's dedicated to viewer submitted comedic anecdotes that express exasperation and frustration.

www.fmylife.com

They all of course end with a semi sarcastic "fuck my life"

Give it a shot, I promise you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment