Friday, February 25, 2011

So, WTF is The Deal With Cursive?

They totally lied to our asses back in Middle School when they said we'd all need to know cursive because it's crazy important.

Tell me. Have you ever NEEDED to know cursive? Wtf is that about? Those son of a bitches spent most of 4th-5th Grade teaching me cursive just so I can NEVER use it. And they had the gall to feed me, and presumably the rest of you, that crap about us needing to know it for adulthood or some bullshit. Look how that turned out. The only people I know who use cursive are those who use it just so they'll stay practiced at it, for when they eventually need it. And that moment never comes. It just turns into a couple O'Tools using cursive for no reason.

Another thing I notice about shit they teach us that doesn't seem to hold any relevance. So remember chanting the vowels in order to retain them? A-E-I-O-U, A-E-I-O-U, Etc? Well remember how at the end they would add, "And sometimes Y"?

When the fuck has Y ever been a vowel? I've never particularly ever noticed it being a vowel. I guess it makes vowel sounds once in a while and will occasionally take the place of a vowel but never in a way that is pointed out, mentioned, or needs be noticed. Nothing noteworthy has ever happened with a Y that involved it being a vowel or us needing to know it "was" one.

I'm fairly certain Wheel Of Fortune doesn't count it as a vowel and if Pat and Vanna don't count it as a vowel, well F' it, why should I? You know what Kindergarten? Screw you and your lies.

But yeah I understand in words like MY and FLY and CRY obviously have Ys as vowels but still. I mean when have we ever needed to know that those Ys were in fact being very akin to vowels? Have you ever looked at MY and gone, that Y, that's definitely a vowel right there, good thing we chanted about that in Kindergarten and now I know that Y is sometimes a vowel.

No, so I stand by my decision that we've never needed that extra "And sometimes Y" at the end of the vowel chant in Kindergarten.

Today on "Funny Sh*t You Should See On The Internet" we have a little website that causes me amusement in large amounts. If you haven't been to this site yet you best get your jive ass on over there. Or not. Whichever.

www.textsfromlastnight.com

You'll get the idea when you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment