Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why do You do This to Me Pandora? Why?

There is a website and popular app called Pandora Radio. You apparently search on the website or app for whatever music you want and it plays related music, right? Well I've noticed something that disturbs me in a manner that I can't even begin to explain.

If I search for "Eminem", for example, it plays things related to Eminem. But after 3 hours of D-12, Dr. Dre, and Obie Trice, it occurs to me that I haven't heard any actual Eminem yet. The "playlist" or "radio station" I've created by searching for Eminem on Pandora doesn't play Eminem. That is beyond ridiculous. That's like going to a god damned Mercedes dealership and finding out they don't actually sell Mercedes. And for those of you who scoff at the idea of rap and are considering blaming the genre, I tried this little dance with a variety of other genres as well and received similar results, you haters. I searched for "Lonely Island", you know the guys who made "On a Boat" and other such hits, but all I heard with that playlist was Steven Lynch, Tenacious D, and Flight of the Conchords. Which are all admittedly a good time. But still. Wtf Pandora. W.T.F.

Oh yeah, Batman, I would ask an engaging question about him VS someone else, but as a highlander acquaintance of mine once said, what's the point? We already know who wins.

Speaking of shit you should go see while you're online...

www.derrickcomedy.com - A comedy troupe that does short videos and has even made a low budget movie. If they redirect you to a site trying to sell you their movie just click the "continue to derrick comedy" button, it should be on the top left. On their website just go to "Videos" and check some out. You won't regret it.

www.whitestkids.com - Another comedy troupe, they have a show on T.V. but if you haven't seen them yet, check out their website. Shorts are always a good time.

www.flightoftheconchords.co.nz - They also have a T.V. show, they sing and make silly songs. It's a great time.

p.s. I apologize for the lack of links in here to the websites that I'm suggesting. I can't really locate the setting that turns live links on but I'm trying my best to correct this.

4 comments:

  1. You just search the wrong artists bro, I've had no problems on my rise against or Metallica stations

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just literally did what I urged readers not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know me man, I have to go against what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually listened to the Pandora Eminem station quite a lot, and it plays plenty of Eminem. Maybe get a better phone, bro?

    But anyway. One thing that I like about Pandora is that sometimes it will just get it totally wrong. I was listening to an Eminem station and it played High School Never Ends by Bowling For Soup and Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkle.

    ReplyDelete