Thursday, April 21, 2011

Speaking of Good Friday

That's tomorrow.

I don't know what's so good about it, doesn't it represent when Jesus died?...though I suppose killed is a bit more accurate than died. Not like it was an accident if you know what I mean. But either way that's sick that we consider the day Jesus died as good. I mean I understand it was for "our*" sins and all the jazz but still, what's so good about Jesus dying? Also, as any of you who are Christian might know, on "Good Friday" a person is expected to not eat any red meat. What's not eating red meat have to do with Jesus dying? It seems strangely unrelated. And why do we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead on Sunday with bunnies and eggs and all sorts of other nonsensical traditions? I know I'm not the first one to point this out, but that's simply because it's a good question. A couple of good questions even.

Was that blasphemous? ^ If it is, I apologize Jesus, but you understand what I mean.

* I parenthesize "our" because I wanted to mention that that obviously applies to Christian followers but I in no way discriminate against MUH brothas from another mother...or another God/Gods for that matter. I'd make jokes about all yall crazy saviors too, but I'm afraid I have not the knowledge to do so, so I'll stick with my standard middle class, white, American, Christian jokes, thank you very much.

SO there I was, driving behind a Honda Prelude the other day. And it had me asking this simple question...."to what?" Wtf does Honda think that's preluding? Because I'm fairly certain they didn't follow through with that implication. I bet it doesn't prelude anything. Those sons a bitches.

Honda Prelude my ass. Car manufacturers should start thinking up better names. That actually describe the car. Like the all new "Nissan Get-You-There-Faster-Than-a-Mitsubishi-Would" the "Ford Will-Run-Over-Small-Creatures"or even the "Toyota Your-Friends-Will-Tease-You-But-It's-Pretty-Damn-Fuel-Efficient" Because that might be just what marketing needs. Straight shooting.

I find I wasn't nearly as prepared as I could of been for posting today. For only doing this 2 out of the 7 days of the week, I find myself strangely unprepared to write anything. But failing at life comes pretty second nature to me. I even impress myself sometimes.

Amazon wants me to try to sell you a book called "Water for Elephants" and I can't help but laugh at the title. Maybe I should write a book and call it something that sounds like it could be deep, until you realize it's not.

I'll call it "Does a Woodchuck Chuck?" or "If a Bear is Shitting in the Woods and a Tree Falls on the Bear While it's Shitting and No One is Around to Hear it, Did the Bear Make a Noise as it's Body was being Crushed by the Large Oak in Question?"

Muffin In

Fuck you Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment